Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Camping in Utah

Up in Utah many years ago,  my Grandparents and relatives owned (Not sure if they sold it or not) a large property with a beautiful log cabin with a large pond near it and it was surrounded by tall white birch trees. On summer breaks we would take my dad's side of the family, just less than 20 people, and we would camp for a week or two. The cabin only had two bedrooms and a large loft with many cots to sleep on, which were surprisingly comfy. My favorite part about the cabin was a fire pole in the center that came from the loft to the kitchen, and every morning us kids would ride the pole down instead of taking the stairs.  Just outside the cabin was a large pond that we would fish from almost every day we were there. The main property with the cabin was large, but it also opened up to an even bigger property that was well over 100 acres, and we had couple quad bikes and a buggy and would drive around exploring the property for hours. We did so many fun things there in Utah that I wish we could go back sometime.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful place and activity :-) I hope you get to go back in the not too distant future ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sounds incredible right now. I really do hope you get back sometime to enjoy that peace and serenity. I would love to just checkout at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so peaceful. I often reminice on things I did as a kid that I wish I could get back to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going to fish in Panguitch,Utah.What you described sounds like it only Panguitch has a lake not a pond.I love the outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I that sounds so fun and exciting.. I've never been camping before but I would like to do it at least once in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once watched a movie call "Cabin in the Wood" and since then I've been too afraid to go camping or stay in a cabin LOL. Anyway, your cabin sound very nice and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going on a trip with some of my friends this summer up there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome, Utah definitely has some beautiful spots and is a great place to experience the Great Outdoors.

    ReplyDelete